Get Luminance has been developed from research and uses image analysis to calculate luminance.
Get Luminance measures what is ‘seen’ by a camera (as shown in a photograph) and more indicative of what is experienced by users.
It measures luminance in the prevailing light conditions, (rather than the pure colour with a controlled light source - the basis of most colorimeters).
Get Luminance includes the 4 main calculation methods used worldwide.
The aim is to:
• Provide and maintain good luminance contrast to create environments that are easier and safer to use by everyone.
• Provide a cost effective and easy-to-use tool.
• Facilitate assessing building compliance in commercial and public buildings and the public realm.
• Assist designers identify compliant designs during the design process.
• Support maintenance and asset management of existing assets.
• Demystify luminance contrast and make it a mainstream concern.